Do you hate having to constantly carry around your perfume and reapply it so that you can smell nice all day? I know I do… I usually put on my perfume and then realize that after just 45 minutes I can’t smell it anymore! I decided that there must be a way to make it last longer, so I did a little research and tried all the tips out to see which worked and which didn’t, so below I have a list of 7 full-proof ways to have you smelling like your favorite perfume all day!
1. Vaseline! It is the holy grail, click here for a post on life-changing Vaseline hacks! To make your perfume last way longer than it usually would, simply rub some Vaseline onto the area that you spray your perfume on, It’ll hold the perfume and keep you smelling great the whole day!
2. Apply your perfume immediately after a shower. The steam from taking a shower will open up your pores, and the pores will absorb the perfume, making your perfume last way longer.
3. Don’t rub your wrists together! I know, when I read this I was shocked as well! I’ve been rubbing my wrists together since I started using perfume! Apparently, rubbing wrists breaks apart the perfume and will make the scent disappear even quicker. I tried this and I found that the scent really does last longer if you simply spray the perfume on both of your wrists separately.
4. Spray some perfume on your hairbrush and then run it through your hair. Hair grabs on to the perfume and keeps the scent longer than skin does. I love this because then I can smell my perfume every time I walk!
5. Don’t spray it on your clothes. Another thing that I’ve been doing wrong was that I’d always spray some perfume on my clothes as well as my skin. Well it turns out that perfume does not last long on clothes at all because perfume is activated by heat and other chemical reactions that don’t happen in fabrics! So get your spraying on before you get fully dressed.
6. Surprisingly, spraying farther away from your body (around six inches) makes the scent last longer than spraying it really close to your skin.
7. Perfume lasts longer on oily/ moisturized skin than dry skin. So to do a triple threat, I like to shower, then moisturize and then spray on my perfume all in the same scent! This really keeps me smelling like flowers all day!